Make Your Own Ice Cream!
For this recipe you will need an ice cream maker. A friend of mine gave me a basic little Cuisinart Ice Cream maker and I couldn’t be happier with it. I have a bit of a Pinkberry obsession but it can be quite expensive, so I make my own frozen treats from time to time. This also is a good idea for cutting back on calories and fat. By substituting plain yogurt and lower fat milk instead of heavy cream you cut a lot of fat out. You can control the amount of sugar added too. I keep a little fat by using heavy cream to keep the ice cream creamy but I use plain yogurt, for it’s obvious health benefits and I love the tangy flavor it has.
*Be sure and follow directions for your ice cream maker before preparing ice cream….
Here’s what you will need:
- ice cream maker
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cold coffee
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 3 tbs cappuccino instant powder mix
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- dark chocolate espresso beans ( toffee bars are good in here to0)
Coffee Flavored Ice Cream Yogurt-
- In a bowl whisk together cream and coffee (day old coffee works perfect for this) then add plain yogurt and coffee extract, whisk until smooth.
- Add in cocoa powder, sugar and instant cappuccino powder. Whisk again until ingredients are incorporated.
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour in mixture. Churn for 20-25 minutes.
- For the candy: put espresso beans or candy bars into plastic zip-lock bag (eyeball how much candy you want mixed in. i did about 1/2 cup). Use a rolling pin or bottom of a pot and smash up candy. Pour into ice cream maker about a minute before ice cream is done.
- Serve in chilled bowls or chilled martini glasses for a little flash!
- You can omit instant cappuccino powder and use 1/4 cup sugar instead.