- 1 lb. lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 1 sm. yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbs coriander powder
- 1 tbs cumin powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- ranch style beans (optional)
- heat pot over medium heat. dice onion, drizzle pot with olive oil and add onions to pot. finely chop garlic and ad to pot. season with salt and pepper.
- add chili powder, coriander, cumin and garlic powder to pot. mix everything together.
- add meat in a sauce pot, season with salt & pepper and brown the meat mixing everything together.
- mix in tomato paste. add fire roasted tomatoes and crushed tomatoes. (splash in a few dashes of worcestershire sauce.)
- let chili cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat to thicken and letting all the flavors meld together. stir chili occasionally. lower heat to low and let simmer until ready to serve.
Makes 4-6 servings
Serve pickled jalapenos on the side for a little added kick.
This chili is very fresh tasting and much better than the canned stuff! It’s even better the next day too!
Fill up a thermos with Easy homemade chili and take it to your next tailgating party to jazz up the traditional hotdogs. It will be a hit! (an insulated thermos is not only good for keeping liquids cold but also for keeping soups and chili warm when on the go.)