This is a delicious salad to make with leftover rotisserie chicken. I usually never eat a whole chicken so I came up with this to make use of my leftovers. I also use the bones for chicken stock! Tip: let the chicken come to room temperature or heat it just a tad. It helps remove the meat from the skin and bones. Or just remove the meat the day you bring it home.
What you will need: rotisserie chicken, 2 celery ribs, 2 sm carrots, , 1 tbs mayonnaise, 1 tbs olive oil, 1/2 lemon for juice, salt & pepper. (optional: cucumber, hard boiled eggs)
- slice 2 ribs of celery in half length wise. then slice halves in half again. this is so you have nice thin pieces. chop into pieces and place in a big bowl.
- take a carrot peeler and peel skin of 1 large carrot or 2 small(discard outer layer of carrot). roughly chop carrot peels and scoop into bowl.
- give chicken a rough chop and add to bowl.
- add olive oil, mayo and salt & pepper. mix everything together.
- Optional step (cut 1 cucumber open length wise. remove seed and slice like celery into thin pieces chop 3 hard boiled eggs, shell removed, scoop into bowl and mix.)
Serve over crackers or make a sandwich! Try slices of brie over chicken salad on crackers. Or, serve in a piece of lettuce or cabbage.