Chocolate Rum Cake
I made this for valentines day. It was very moist and delicious and very easy to make! Just bake a cake, any cake, any flavor and add the booz 🙂
- bake a chocolate cake. use your favorite cake mix or recipe. bake according to directions. remove cake from pan, onto a piece of parchment paper. (upside down is fine)
- poke holes into cake with a tooth pick. try not to go all the way through. pour some rum into a measuring cup w/ a spout. slowly pour rum around cake. i went a little heavy handed because i wanted the rum flavor to stand out!
- i topped the cake with a homemade whipped cream & fresh raspberries. let cake cool before icing it.
whipped cream frosting…
- beat heavy cream, powder sugar, and some flavored extract (i used vanilla) until cream is light and fluffy.
- spread over cake and top with raspberries.