This is a light and fresh tasting salsa. Super easy to make, too! It’s great for those of you who dislike cilantro.
Ingredients: roma tomatoes, garlic, red onion, green onion, jalapeno, fresh oregano, smoked paprika, garlic powder, lemon juice, lime juice, salt & pepper. (Optional: try cilantro instead of oregano)
Everything goes in a food processor…
- quarter 3-4 roma tomatoes
- roughly chop 1/2 red onion, or about a cup
- add 1 garlic clove ( peeled)
- 1-2 jalapenos (remove seeds on 1 or both for less heat)
- roughly chop 2 green onions
- pull the leaves off a few springs of oregano, about a tsp. (or use cilantro, about 1/4 cup)
- add 1 tsp. of smoked paprika & 1 tsp. garlic powder
- squeeze in juice from 1 lime
- add about 2 tsp. of salt and cracked black pepper
- on the food process setting, pulsate until ingredients are well blended. taste, add more salt & pepper if needed.
Serve with tortilla chips or warmed corn tortillas. Store leftovers in a jar in the fridge.