A refreshing and flavorful stew that will you warm and full of comfort!
- box of chopped tomatoes (or can)
- 1 pkg spicy italian sausage
- 4 – 6 yukon gold potatoes
- 2 ribs of celery
- 3 carrots
- 1 small white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, sage and basil
- salt & pepper.
- heat stock pot up over medium heat and drizzle with a little olive oil. remove casing from sausage and add to pot. break up sausage with wooden spoon while it’s cooking.
- add fennel seed to pot. quarter potatoes, add to pot. season with salt, mix everything together.
- roughly chop carrots, onion and celery. put into food processor and toss in peeled garlic cloves. process until veggies are finely chopped. add to pot.
- pull oregano off stems and add to pot. chop up sage and add to pot. mix everything up, season with salt & pepper and let cook for about 15 minutes.
- add chopped tomatoes to pot and allow stew to simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- add frozen corn (or fresh if you have it) to pot. pour in 1 cup of chicken stock and keep simmering about 15 minutes more.
Garnish with basil and serve with garlic bread and it’s a meal!
Makes 4 servings