Lady Sandy’s Santa Maria Steak Medallions
1) marinate tri tip in worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder and black pepper, in a large ziplock bag. marinate for at least 8 hours.
2) sear tri tip in dutch oven over high heat on all sides. transfer pot into 300° oven with cover slightly off. cook for an hour
3) let steak rest for 10 min and then slice into thick medallions. (cut tri tip length wise and then cut into 2-3 inch slices)
4) in the same dutch oven make a balsamic reduction. pour a little of the juice from steak out and then pour in some balsamic vinegar. over medium high heat whisk until liquid has reduced by half.
5) pour over steak medallions.