JJ’s Ultimate Juevos Rancheros
One of my favorite breakfast foods in Juevos Rancheros. It takes me back to my Texas Mexican roots. I changed things up a bit from the traditional Juevos Rancheros but this is a delicious recipe!
- 4 eggs
- 6-10 bacon strips
- 1 small white onion
- 4 green onion stems
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 can rotel
- 1 cup grated cheese (like monterey jack)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- in a frying pan fry bacon. drain on paper towel. set aside.
- while bacon is frying, dice green bell pepper and white onion. heat a sauce pan over medium heat. drizzle with olive oil and add bell peppers and onion. season with salt and pepper and saute 10 minutes.
- stir in: smoked paprika, coriander and cayenne pepper. pour rotel tomatoes in lower heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- drain some of grease from pan with bacon. heat pan to medium heat and gently crack eggs into pan (do not over crowd eggs. depending on the size of pan fry 2-4 eggs at a time). salt & pepper eggs and cook until the eggs whites are opaque.
- pour sauce over eggs, lower heat to low, cover and simmer, while heating tortillas.
Serve JJ’s Juevos Rancheros on a plate w/tortillas and bacon. garnish with cheese and green onion and a side of bacon!
For a Cocktail:
- tomato or clamato juice
- celery (garnish)
- celery salt
- mix together 1 cup of vodka, 1/4 cup limeade, 1/4 cup tomato juice (i like clamato juice)
- mix celery salt and and cayenne pepper on a small plate. wet the rim of glasses with lime and swirl glass in salt mix.
- fill glasses with ice and pour cocktail mix over ice. add some cracked black pepper on top of each glass and garnish with celery and lime wedges.