Tomato Sauce w/Italian Sausage
ingredients: plain Hunt’s tomato sauce, carrots, white onion, garlic, Italian sausage, cherry tomatoes, purple onion, red bell pepper.
- heat a large pot over medium heat. drizzle w/olive oil and add 6 italian sausage links. (if sausage comes in casing, remove the casing) break up sausage a little and let cook
- in a food processor add roughly chopped carrots, white onion, 3-5 garlic cloves. blend until finely chopped
- stir meat again and break into pieces. add carrot, garlic, onion mixture and salt & pepper, stir. cook for about 15 min.
- slice a couple of handfuls of cherry tomatoes, dice purple onion and red pepper, add to pot. lightly salt & pepper again and stir. let cook for about 15 min. more
- add 1 32 oz can of tomato sauce, lower heat to low, and let simmer for at least 30 min.
Serve with your favorite pasta. I like thin spaghetti.
I’ve used all different kinds of canned tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes, but found Hunts taste the best.