A refreshing take on traditional curry dishes. I coated chicken tenders in curry and salt & pepper then pan seared it. The chicken got nice and crispy and also stayed moist. It was, Da Bomb! (that’s what my friend said when she ate it.)
- chicken tenders (or chicken breast cut into strips)
- yellow bell pepper
- yellow curry
- salt & pepper
- brown rice
- chicken stock
- olive oil
- brown rice: bring 4 cups of chicken stock to a boil. add 1 1/2 cups of rice to pot. add a pat of butter and 1/2 tbs. of salt. cover, lower heat and cook for about 30 min. until rice is tender.
- heat large pan over medium high heat. add about a cup of olive oil to pan. season chicken with salt & pepper, then cover with curry powder. place chicken in pan. let cook for about 7-10 min. on each side. remove from oil.
- chop 3 carrots and 1/2 white onion into small bite size pieces. remove chicken from pan and set aside. drain some of the oil from pan and toss carrots and onions into same pan. chop 5-7 asparagus spears, 1 yellow pepper and a few celery stalks into bit size pieces toss into pan. season with salt & pepper. lower heat to low and let simmer for about 15 min.
- if using tenders, slice chicken into pieces and put them back into pan to finish cooking. peel ginger and thinly slice lengthwise and then cut into thin strips, add to pan. cook for about 5 minutes more.
Serve over brown rice.