My 3 Cheese Chicken Spaghetti was inspired by my Aunt Becky. She makes an amazing Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti. I’m not recreating her recipe because hers is perfect. Mine version is just an inspiration of a classic. Yet another family member inspiring me! Thanks Aunt Becky 😉
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 6 crimini mushrooms
- 1 small white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 cup smoked provolone
- 1/2 cup cheddar
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- fresh sage
- fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
- whole wheat pasta (or regular)
- heat a large pan over high heat, drizzle with olive oil. salt & pepper chicken tenders. once pan is hot start laying chicken in. let it cook for about 5-7 minutes each side.
- finely chop mushrooms, and dice onion and bell pepper. remove chicken from pan and lower heat to medium. add mushrooms and bell pepper and onion. finely chop garlic cloves, roughly chop sage and add to pan. season veggies with salt and pepper. add tomato paste and lower heat to low, simmer.
- boil water for pasta and cook until desired tenderness. (set aside about a cup of pasta water)
- bechamel sauce: in a small pot add butter and flour, cook over medium heat, whisking together a few minutes to cook the flour. slowly pour in milk whisking while pouring. lower heat to low. (optional: grate in nutmeg) season with a little salt and pepper. sauce will start to thicken.
- once sauce has thickened add in grated cheese and turn off heat. dilute sauce with a little pasta water if too thick.
- add peas to the pan with veggies. slice chicken into strips and add to pan with veggies. mix it all up.
- in a large bowl add pasta, pour bechemal sauce over spaghetti, pour chicken and veggies into bowl. mix everything together.
Garnish with basil and freshly grated parmesan cheese.