Lemon Pepper Chicken and Broccolli Stir-Fry with Cashews
This recipe is a light and fun dish. The lemon pairs well the chicken and broccoli and really brightens up the dish!
- 1 1/2 half cups of jasmine white rice
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp garlic powder (divided)
- 2 tbs lemon pepper (divided)
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 lemons juice & zest
- 2 broccoli florets
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 eggs
- soy sauce
- 1 tbs lemon pepper
- 1 cup cashews
Pour 1/4 cup of lemon juice in a resealable bag. Add lemon pepper and 1 tsp of garlic powder into bag. Place chicken in bag and give it a good shake. Let marinate in fridge for 1-3 hours. not longer.
- Rice: heat a pot over medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil. pour rice into pot. add red pepper flakes, garlic powder and lemon pepper. toast rice for about 2-3 minutes. Pour in 3 cups of hot water over rice. let rice come to a boil, then cover and turn heat to low.
- heat wok or large non stick skillet over high heat. drizzle with olive oil. cube chicken and add to wok. cook for about 5 minutes.
- while chicken is cooking, chop broccoli florets into small pieces. (you can thinly slice stalks of broccoli to use in stir fry too.) chop bell pepper into small bite size pieces. thinly slice garlic cloves.
- remove chicken from wok. drizzle with a little more oil, add eggs to wok, scramble and remove from wok.
- add in broccoli and bell peppers. cook veggies for about 10 minutes.
- push veggies to the sides of wok, crush cashews in hands and drop into wok. add sliced garlic and mix everything together.
- toss chicken back into wok, mix together. add eggs and mix again.
- make a well in center of wok again (push everything up the sides) and scoop rice into center. add zest of lemon and soy sauce over everything, mix everything together.