Chicken and Shrimp Pasta
This is a light and fresh tasting pasta dish that’s full of flavor and simple to make, with out a lot of ingredients.
- 1/2 box whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/2 lb large peeled shrimp
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 green & red bell pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 3 tbs butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
bring pot of water to a boil for pasta. zest lemon, set aside. peel shrimp and lay out. squeeze juice from half of lemon over shrimp, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- heat large skillet up over med. high heat, coat with olive oil. season tenders with salt & pepper and place in pan. cook about 5 minutes on each side.
- slice bell peppers in half lengthwise, cut in half across and thinly slice into strips.
- flip the chicken and add pasta to boiling water.
- peel and slice shallot, finely garlic. remove chicken from pan. and butter and a few drizzles of olive oil to pan. mix in bell peppers. add shallots and garlic and mix everything together.
- slice chicken into strips and add back into pan. toss in shrimp and mix everything together.
- take pasta directly out of pot with a pasta spoon and add into pan. add about 1/4 cup of pasta water, mix in lemon zest and juice from lemon half. mix everything together.