Ingredients: flank steak, oranges, orange juice, garlic salt, black pepper, soy sauce, brown rice, chicken stock, garlic cloves, 2 green onions.
Set aside some orange slices and some tops of green onion for garnish.
- marinate 1 lb of flank steak over night in: juice of orange and zest, 1/4 cup orange juice (if you have juicy oranges just use those), 2 tbs of soy sauce, 2 tsp garlic salt and black pepper.
- brown rice: toast 1 1/2 cups of rice in pot with a few tbs of olive oil, 2 whole garlic cloves, salt and pepper, for about 5 min.
- pour in 3 cups of chicken stock. let come to a boil then turn heat down to low. add chopped green onions and cover. cook rice for about 20-30 min. (remove garlic cloves when done)
- heat a double burner grill pan over high heat. trim broccoli stalks, then cut broccoli in half lengthwise. drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. place on hot grill.
- place flank steak on same grill. let broccoli and steak cook for about 5-10 min each side.
- turn heat off and remove steak to rest. take broccoli off grill and starting at the stalk chop up to the florets. chop florets in half if they’re still big. cut steak into bite size pieces. (once with the grain then into pieces against the grain)
- Serve: Lay brown rice on a platter, spread broccoli and steak over rice drizzle soy sauce across platter. Garnish with orange slices and chopped green onion.