Country Style Curry Pork Ribs w/Toasted Vermicelli
Trim fat off ribs if they’re pretty fatty. Don’t worry about the bone. The meat will fall off the bone once it’s done.
- season pork ribs w/ salt & pepper, then rub curry powder all over ribs. heat a large pan (pan should have about 4 in sides) over high heat. drizzle pan w/olive oil. once pan is hot, the oil should just start to smoke, place ribs in pan. (carefully!) let sear on ea. side for 5-10 min. first side will take a little longer. set the pan aside to toast the vermicelli and pine nuts in later.
- turn on crock pot to high. place ribs in pot and cover. let it cook for about 4 hours.
- after about 4 hours remove ribs and cut into bite size pieces. (and remove bone) place back in crock pot, cover.
- chop onion and yellow pepper into bite size pieces. add into crockpot. slice jalapenos, add into crock pot, cover.
- heat pan back up over med. high heat and pour in vermicelli and pine nuts. (add a drizzle of olive oil if pan is dry) keep mixing and toast for about 5 min until nuts and vermicelli start to turn brown. turn off heat and pour into crock pot. there should be plenty of liquid in crock pot by now to cook the vermicelli.
- mix everything together in crock pot, cover again, and turn to low. let cook 30-45min more.
I had some leftover Hawiian bread I served this with. It was awesome! Very rich & savory. MMMM
If you want to cook this slower, after searing ribs, place in crock pot and set it on low. Cover and let it simmer for about 8 hours. Then turn it up to high and add veggies and toasted pine nuts & vermicelli. Let it cook for 3o-45 min more.