Here’s a delicious recipe for a stirfry that’s tangy light and very refreshing to eat! It’s full of protein and natural goodness from the fresh ginger.
- fresh ginger root (i used about 1/8 cup)
- 2 limes (juice & zest)
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 sm white onion
- 2 sm carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups jasmine white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- fresh mint
- green onion
- soy sauce
Start things off by marinating chicken for 1-5 hours. Cut chicken breasts into cubes, place in resealable bag. Zest lime and add into bag then squeeze juice from lime into bag. (If lime isn’t very juicy use 2 limes.) Season with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp red pepper flakes & cracked black pepper. Squeeze air out of bag, seal and place in fridge.
- rice: heat pot over med heat. drizzle with oil, add rice. while rice is toasting peel ginger. slice ginger into discs then slice discs into thin pieces, add to rice. mix together and pour in chicken stock. cover with lid once it comes to a boil lower heat to low and cook until rice is tender. about 20 minutes.
- heat large wok or non-stick pan over high heat. drizzle pan with canola oil and add chicken to hot pan.
- while chicken is cooking slice all the veggies into bite size pieces (bell pepper, carrot, onion). add veggies into pan and mix everything together. drizzle with a little soy sauce. lower heat to medium and add ginger.
- push everything around the edges of pan and crack eggs into center. season eggs with salt & pepper. let eggs cook for a minute then mix everything together.
- turn off heat. push everything to the sides of pan again and scoop rice into middle. roughly chop mint and green onion and add into pan. mix it all up again. finish with squeezing a little more lime juice on top.
Serve with some sliced tomato and cucumber on the side.