Creamy Pasta with Shrimp & Sausage
A friend of mine stopped by, on her way home, to wait for traffic to die down. Gotta love L.A.! And of course, she was hungry! Luckily I had been to the store and I had a kitchen full of food so it wasn’t hard to come up with something. This dish was rich, savory, a little spicy and just delicious!
Ingredients: 1/2 lb of shrimp (peeled deveined), 3 sausage links (i used spicy), 3-6 garlic cloves, 1 sm red onion, 1/2 box penne pasta, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, salt & cracked pepper, (optional: cherry tomatoes), 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano, butter, olive oil.
- boil water for pasta. (i used whole wheat penne) cook until desired tenderness. in the meantime…
- heat large pan over med high heat. slice sausage links in half lengthwise then in half across. drizzle pan with olive oil, add sausage to pan. let sausage start to brown.
- thinly slice red onion, add to pan. thinly slice garlic cloves, add to pan. mix everything together.
- Optional (slice cherry tomatoes in half add to pan)
- add shrimp to pan (do this last because shrimp cooks fast). season with salt, cracked black pepper and red pepper flakes. add a few pats of butter and mix it together.
- For the creamy sauce: lower heat to low, push everything along the sides of pan. in the middle of pan, pour in cream and parmigiano reggiano, season with salt & cracked black pepper. mix sauce together, then incorporate everything in pan together.
- add pasta into pan, mix again. WAhLAh! you’re Done.