Whenever family or friends are feeling under weather, I like to whip up a batch of this Chicken Noodle Soup. Pressed for time? Try using rotisserie chicken. Pull the meat from the bones and set meat aside. Use the bones in a homemade stock.
Ingredients: 6 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade), 1/2 package egg noodles, 1 lb. chicken, 2 celery stalks, 2 carrots (if carrot is large use 1), 2-4 garlic cloves, 2 green onion.
- in a pot, bring water for pasta to a boil. add pasta and let cook until al dente, drain water out and set aside, (it will cook more in the soup). Bring chicken stock to a soft simmer.
- heat large pot over med. high heat, drizzle with olive oil. if using raw chicken, slice into bite size pieces. add to pot, season with salt and pepper and let chicken brown. (if using rotisserie chicken or already cooked chicken skip to step 3.)
- slice carrots and celery into small bite size pieces, toss into pot. season again with salt andpepper and mix everything together.
- finely chop garlic cloves, add to pot and stir again. let veggies cook and caramelize for about 10minutes.
- pour hot chicken stock into pot, add noodles to pot. chop green onion and add to pot. let soup simmer for about 10 more min. and that’s it!
Serve to a friend in need or enjoy on a cold winter night.