Napa Cabbage Soup
My friend, Arcella, has been trying to get sick just so she can have some of my homemade soup! I usually make my delicious Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for sick friends but Arcella said she was craving cabbage soup. I said, no problem girl! I’ll make you some cabbage soup! I personal love cabbage soup as well.
Ingredients: napa cabbage, ginger root, green onion, carrots, garlic cloves, celery rib. about 4-6 cups of chicken stock.
- Peel carrots and ginger. To remove skin from ginger run a spoon up and down it. Cut bottoms off cabbage and place in a bowl of water to remove any dirt.
- Heat pot over medium high heat, drizzle with olive oil. Slice carrot into thin pieces, add to pot. Slice ginger in half lengthwise and then across into small pieces, add to pot. Slice celery into thin pieces, add to pot. Stir and season with salt & pepper.
- Take the rib of cabbage off and chop. Add to pot.
- Roughly chop garlic cloves, add to pot. Season with a little more salt & pepper and mix together. (add a pinch of cayenne for a little extra kick.) Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat and pour in chicken stock. Chop 2 green onions and add to pot. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes.