I LOVE pumpkin pie. Maybe it’s because I was born the day after Thanksgiving, I don’t know, but I love it. I decided I needed to make the perfect pumpkin pie for myself. I don’t like them when they are overly sweet, and I’m not really a dessert girl.
I read a lot of recipes, experimented a little and came up with this recipe. If you’re a pumpkin pie fan like me, but don’t like have a big sweet tooth, give this a try. I served it with a scoop of ginger ice cream on top and it was oh so deliciously perfect!
- 16 oz of pure pumpkin purée (or 2 cups of roasted sugar pumpkins)
- 1 (8 ounce package) reduced fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 stick of butter melted
- 1 pre-made pie dough (thawed)
1 pint ginger ice cream (Haagen Dazs Five ginger)
- heat oven to 350° place dough in a pie dish. lightly press dough into pie dish. cover with a piece of foil and press into pie so dough is covered. bake for 10 min. remove foil and bake another 10 min.
- add cream cheese into mixing bowl, beat until creamy. add pumpkin puree and keep mixing. add sugar, salt and pumpkin spice. scrape sides of bowl and keep mixing.
- in a small bowl mix together eggs, butter, milk and vanilla add to mixer and beat until everything is well combined and creamy.
- pour filling into prepared pie shell and bake for 50-60 min. let cool. serve with a scoop of ginger ice cream on top. Deelish!