- 1 lb. ground turkey
- JJ’s taco seasoning– 2 tbs chili powder, 1 tbs smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 limes
- 2 avocados
- 2 bell peppers (any color)
- 2 sm. jalapenos (or 1 large)
- corn tortillas
- smoked provolone cheese
- heat skillet up over medium high heat. add turkey to pan, season with salt & pepper and let the meat start to brown.
- in a small bowl, mix together chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. sprinkle over meat and mix it all together.
- seed jalapeno, dice and add to pan. turn heat down to medium and let it simmer.
- heat another skillet over medium high heat. slice bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. then slice into thin strips. drizzle pan with olive oil and add peppers. season with a little salt & pepper. when peppers start to brown and caramelize turn heat down to low.
- slice the avocado, place in a bowl and squeeze 1/2 a lime over it. season with a little salt and pepper. give cilantro a rough chop and place in a bowl. grate cheese and place in a bowl. warm tortillas.
For a cocktail try a Cuba Libre…
You’ll need- limes, rum and coke. squeeze half a lime in glass. fill with ice. pour about 2 oz of rum and top with coke.
The second time I made turkey tacos I used 3 different types of cheese… smoked cheddar, smoked provolone and sharp cheddar. It’s all about having fun with your tacos!
*Latest version- lettuce, tomato, jalapeño, labne (or crema), hot sauce