JJ’s Super Power Chili
I’ve been told this Chili will change you forever. It will make you stronger and more loving and make you feel like you’ve lived four extra lifetimes in distance times and places. Now that’s some Chili with super powers!
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 can ranch style beans (optional)
- measure out chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika out into a small bowl. heat dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. drizzle pot with a little oil and add in spices.
- dice onion and add to pot. season with salt & cracked pepper. turn up heat to medium high and cook for about 10 minutes.
- add garlic to pan and mix. add ground beef. season again with a little salt and pepper and let the meat brown, about 15 minutes.
- mix in tomato paste. pour in fire roasted tomatoes and chicken stock. turn down to low and let simmer. (the longer the better. at least 30 min.)
- add beans at the end right before serving.