Vegan Fried Rice
Cooking with a Wok! I love it. And the more I do it the better I get. It’s really easy actually. Once you get the timing and temperature right you’ll be enjoying plenty of quick and healthy foods in no time! If you’re going to buy a wok be sure and do a little research. Depending on the type of wok you purchase you’ll want to know how to care for it. There is always the non-stick versions which work fine and are user friendly.
Tip: I find the older the rice the better. It’s a little drier and will absorb some of the liquids from the veggies without getting too sticky.
Vegan Fried Rice Ingredients-
- 3 cups of day old rice or older. (1 1/2 cups un-cooked)
- 1 onion
- 2 small carrots
- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shelled edamame (thawed)
- 1 zucchini
- 3 tbs plum sauce
- rice wine vinegar
- soy sauce
Try this with crispy tofu too!…
- extra firm tofu (drain and pat dry)
- grape seed oil (or olive, peanut, canola)
pour about 1 cup of oil into wok. heat over high heat. slice tofu across into strips and then slice lengthwise into squares. slowly drop tofu into hot oil (in batches). once golden and crispy remove from oil onto a paper towel and sprinkle with a little salt. repeat. drain oil from wok and continue with veggies…
- cook rice according to package.
- chop onion carrots and bell pepper into bite size pieces. heat wok over high heat and drizzle with oil. toss veggies in hot wok. (it will just start to smoke when hot).
- roughly chop broccoli florets and toss into wok. mix it all up . lower heat to a medium and keep tossing veggies.
- chop zucchini into bite size pieces, toss zucchini and edamame in wok.
- add a few splashes of rice wine vinegar, drizzle in plum sauce, mix it up. add rice to wok, drizzle soy sauce over everything and mix everything together one last time.