I knocked it out of the park on this pizza. I used ground turkey and turkey peperoni for a healthier take and it wasn’t even noticeable! Here’s what I threw together…
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- jj’s taco seasoning- 2 tbs chili powder, 1 tbs smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or you could use a package but i wouldn’t recommend it)
- 1/2 bell pepper (i had red but use whatever you like)
- 2 green onions
- colby jack cheese
- 2-3 tortillas (i used corn and flour for two different pizzas)
- pickled jalapenos
- turkey peperoni
- heat oven to 425 degrees. (i use a pizza stone) place stone on lowest rack.
- heat a saute pan over medium low heat. coat with olive oil and add in jj’s taco seasoning. stir spices and oil together allowing seasoning to infuse in the oil. about 5 minutes. (make sure the heat is low so you don’t burn the seasoning).
- add ground turkey and turn up heat to medium high. season with salt & pepper. mix and coat turkey in seasoning. cook until done about 15 minutes.
- grate cheese. (about 2 cups) dice bell pepper and chop green onion.
- lightly coat tortillas with olive oil. lay cheese on bottom. then ground turkey, sprinkle on bell peppers and green onion, cover with cheese and place jalapenos and turkey peperoni on top.
- place pizzas on stone. cook for about 15 minutes. until cheese is melted and bubbly and tortillas are crispy. let cool a few minutes before slicing.