There’s this little hole in the wall Italian restaurant near my house we love to go eat at. My favorite entree is their seafood linguine but I always ask for the alfredo sauce instead of the traditional white wine sauce. The muscles, calamari and shrimp with the creamy alfredo sauce is simply decedent! This recipe is a must for your next dinner party. It will be a show stopper! It’s not a complicated recipe but it does take a little time to put together. It’s absolutely worth the time and you will have an impressive original dish that will impress all who eat it!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 LB calamari (squid tubes)
- 1/2 LB medium sized shrimp (peeled/ deveined)
- 1 lemon
- linguine pasta
- (optional) 6-10 crimini mushrooms, 1 red bell pepper
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 4 tBs butter
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tBs cornstarch
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tBs dried sage
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 200 degrees. heat large skillet over medium high heat. season chicken with salt & cracked black pepper. drizzle pan with olive oil (about 4x around pan). lay chicken into hot skillet and let chicken brown for about 5 minutes each side.
- while chicken is browning; slice calamari tubes into medium sized rings. once chicken is browned on both sides remove from pan.
- lower heat and add shrimp and calamari. season with salt and cracked black pepper. zest lemon over pan, slice lemon open and squeeze in juice.
- lay chicken back in pan, cover and pop in warmed oven. turn off the oven and let the meat rest.
- start the pasta water: fill a large pot with water. turn heat to high and cover pot.
- alfredo sauce: heat sauce pot over medium heat. drizzle pot with olive oil (a couple times around pot). add 4 tBs of butter. crush in palm dried sage and red pepper flakes, add to pot. either with a garlic press or microplane add garlic to pot. grate in whole nutmeg.
- pour milk into measuring cup and whisk in cornstarch. pour into pot with herbs and nutmeg. turn heat down to low and whisk sauce until thickened. turn off heat and stir in cheese.
- once pasta water has come to a boil salt the water and throw in pasta. cook until al dente. drain water.
- remove pan from oven. take chicken out of pan, set aside. with a slotted spoon remove calamari and shrimp and add to alfredo sauce. slice chicken into strips.
Optional: to add a little color, texture and another depth of flavor to this awesome pasta I like to saute some crimini mushrooms and red bell pepper. It only takes about 10 minutes…
- heat saute pan over medium high heat. thinly slice bell pepper into strips. drizzle pan with olive oil and add peppers. slice mushrooms and add to saute pan. give it a mix.
- season with a little salt & cracked black pepper. saute a few minutes more. Serve alongside JJ’s Chicken Under the Sea Linguine Alfredo.
That’s it! Now everything is ready to plate! Lay pasta out on a platter. Pour Alfredo Sauce over pasta and lay chicken on top. Garnish with a little thinly sliced basil and serve with grated parmesan cheese.