JJ’s Sesame Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tSp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tBs cornstarch
- 3 tBs ginger powder
- 3 cups canola oil
- 2 green bell pepper
- 2 small yellow or white onion
- 1 pineapple (if canned use chunky)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tBs garlic powder
- 2 cups soyvay teriyaki or soyaki (trader joe’s)
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- cook rice according to package and add garlic powder to pot. once rice is done turn off heat but keep covered until ready to serve. (use rice cooker if you have one!)
- lay chicken breast out on plastic cutting board. with a sharp knife slice each breast open then slice into thin strips. place in a bowl. add sesame oil and season with a little salt. coat everything together.
- pour oil in wok and turn on heat to high. in a small bowl mix flour, cornstarch and ginger powder together. slowly add flour mixture to chicken mixing and coating chicken with flour.
- once oil is hot lay in a handful of chicken. fry until crispy about 3-5 minutes. remove to a paper towel. (fry chicken in batches)
- while chicken is frying slice pineapple and vegetables. chop top and bottom off pineapple. then slice off skin lengthwise. now cut downward lengthwise around the core to remove core. slice pineapple into thick pieces. cut bell pepper open, remove seeds and slice into strips. slice onion into strips.
- drain oil from wok. turn heat to medium high and add pineapple. let pineapple brown for about 5 minutes then remove from wok and set aside. add onion and bell pepper to wok and cook for about 10 minutes mixing a few times. (you want veggies to still be crunchy still) remove from wok and set aside in a large bowl.
- turn heat to low and pour in soyvay teriyaki. add chicken and mix together until well coated in sauce. pour into bowl with veggies and mix that all together. now it’s time to plate!
Place a scoop of rice onto plate. spoon sesame chicken and veggies over rice, add some pineapple and garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Eat and Enjoy!