Chicken Verde Tortilla Soup
- 4 Chicken Thighs (on the bone)
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1-2 Mexican Squash (or zucchini)
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Red Onion
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- Tomatillo Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Heat dutch oven over high heat. When pot is hot drizzle with olive oil to coat the bottom. Lay Chicken thighs in skin side down. Season with salt and brown for 10 minutes each side.
- In the meantime slice tortillas into thin strips. set aside.
- dice celery, squash, poblano pepper and red onion. finely chop garlic and set aside.
- remove chicken from pot, lower heat to medium and toss in tortilla strips. brown strips until golden in color and crispy. remove from pot, season with a little salt and set aside.
- drain some oil from pan and place chicken back into pot. add all the veggies to pot and saute for about 5 minutes then cover with chicken stock.
- Let the soup simmer on low for about 30 minutes.