Vegan Quinoa Pasta
This is the perfect feel better bowl of pasta! I have the dreadful winter cold and nothing tastes good and I’m sick of soup. I felt like something hearty and warm but not too complicated with flavors. Also, I wanted to incorporate lots of healthy vitamin C packed veggies like peppers and chard.
Did you know that bell peppers, hot chili peppers, broccoli and dark leafy greens have more vitamin C than an orange! These super star veggies are naturally lower in sugar too. So stay ahead of the cold season by eating more vitamin C packed veggies weekly and your body will thank you.
I made a tasty Quinoa & Veggie Pasta and without even trying I made it vegan.
- 1 pkg quinoa spaghetti
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 anaheim pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 stalks of rainbow chard
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 chunk of ginger
- 1 tBs garam masala
- 3 tbs of tamarind sauce or soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Boil water for pasta and cook according to package.
- Peel ginger and garlic and thinly slice. Thinly slice peppers. Thinly slice stalks of chard working your way up to leafy tops.
- Heat large saute pan over high heat and coat with olive oil. Toss in peppers, ginger, garlic and chard. Cook for about 5 minutes then add garam marsala and salt & pepper.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and add to saute pan. Drizzle with olive oil and add tamarind sauce.
- Mix everything together and give it a taste. Add more pasta water, tamarind sauce and olive oil if needed.