Vegan Rice Pudding
I make this at the J.O.B. If you’re ever at Whole Foods Venice, you can find it at our dessert bar so definitely come give it a try! Or… give it a try at home.
- 4 cups uncooked rice. (jasmine or brown rice can be used)
- 6 – 8 cups of almond milk
- 1 cup of sugar (preferably pure sugar cane)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- golden raisins and or sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- Cook rice according to package with a teaspoon of salt, in a rice cooker or stovetop.
- Meanwhile warm 6 cups of almond milk in large pot over medium heat. Add in sugar, almond extract and 2 teaspoon of nutmeg. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cooked rice to milk bath and stir. Let mixture come to a slow simmer then lower heat. Stir occasionally and let pudding thicken. Add more almond milk if needed.
Serve warm or cold. Garnish with raisins and almonds and a dash of nutmeg. I like to add golden raisins to the bottom of small bowls or one glass dish, cover with rice pudding and dust the top with nutmeg. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge to enjoy all week long!