- 1 cup uncooked rice (jasmine or brown rice can be used)
- 2 – 3 cups of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- golden raisins (for garnish)
- Cook rice according to package with a teaspoon of salt, in a rice cooker or stovetop.
- Warm almond milk over medium heat. Add, honey, almond extract and 3 zests of whole nutmeg. Stir until mixture comes to a soft boil then lower heat to low.
- Add cooked rice to milk bath and stir. Stir occasionally and let pudding thicken. Add more almond milk if needed.
Serve warm or cold. Garnish with raisins .
*I like to add golden raisins to the bottom of a bowl, cover with rice pudding and dust the top with nutmeg. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge to enjoy all week long!