Lamb Pot Pie and Green Mashers
I love fun quirky days to celebrate and eat lots of food. St. Patrick’s Day is definitely one of those days! Usually I make Guinness battered fish and Chips. But, this year my dude inspired me to make this delicious Lamb Pot Pie and I came up with these exciting bright green mash potatoes! No green food coloring here! All of my ingredients are pure and natural food!
- 1 lb. lamb stew meat or lamb shoulder
- 6-8 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 bunch rainbow chard
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots
- 6 stalks celery
- 4 cups of frozen peas (defrosted)
- 4 tbls room temperature butter
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg puff pastry dough
- 2 bottles of Guinness!
- heat a pan over high heat and drizzle with olive oil. brown lamb over high heat until caramelized and browned on the outsides. transfer to a crockpot set on low. chop 2 potatoes and add to crock pot. pour in one bottle of beer. cover and let cook for about five -six hours. (good to start in the morning and then finish up for dinner time).
- six hours later… chop remaining potatoes, place in a pot, cover with water add in 1 tbls salt, cover and bring to a boil.
- heat an oven safe pan over medium high heat. roughly chop carrots, drizzle pan with olive oil and toss in carrots. chop celery add to pan. chop chard, add to pan. pour in lamb from crock pot and one cup of Guinness. mix everything together, cover and let cook for about fifteen minutes until veggies are softened.
- cover lamb and veggie stew with puff pastry dough. place in oven and bake for fifteen minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- in a food processor puree peas and 4 tbls of softened butter. drain potatoes and add to food processor with peas, season with salt and pepper. puree again until smooth and creamy. add cheese and mix together.