This amazing hunk of meat, done right, will be a definite hit with family and friends. I’ve been perfecting my Smoked Tri-Tip since I moved to beautiful sunny Santa Monica, Ca., where Tri-Tip
is a readily available cut of meat in most markets. (Actually, I live right on the border of Venice and Santa Monica. My grill is on the patio, which faces the Venice side, so I guess you could say the process was perfected in Venice. Well, that, and the fact that I’m from Texas
I make this scrumptious hunk of meat on my ‘ol faithful Webber. I use lump charcoal and occasionally wood chips when I have the time. However this can also be done in an oven with similar results. My adorable friend Edel tried this and her hungry guests were so impressed I was inspired to get this quick and easy recipe up online so you can enjoy it, too.
1- 2.5 lbs Tri-Tip Roast (trimmed for the beginners)
rub: smoked paprika and or chili powder, salt and cracked black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let Tri-Tip come to room temperature.
- Rub Tri-Tip with smoked paprika (or chili powder) salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a non stick pan or oven safe glass pan bake Tri-Tip for 45-60 minutes depending on desired doneness. Keep in mind this roast is better served as medium rare so about 45 minutes is as long you want to go.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10-15 minutes before slicing. Thin slices are best.
- Serve alongside a blue cheese salad or a favorite side!
Edel’s Tri-Tip Dinner
Tri-Tip with rub
Me and Edel!