Mermaids like tacos too! The beautiful mystical creature swimming in the deep depths of the sea, she hunts her prey devours and spits out the bones. If a mermaid where human for a day she’d probably devour these tacos!
Ingredients and Recipe:
mahi-mahi (skinned and boned) – napa cabbage – plain greek yogurt – several limes – olive oil – (for pico de gallo; roma tomato – white onion – jalapeño – cilantro) – queso fresco – avocado – corn tortillas – taco seasoning – optional: your favorite hot sauce
Taco assembly prep
- Shred cabbage, add 1tBs vinegar and or juice from lime. season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble queso fresco in bowl.
- Mix; yogurt, dash of hot sauce, lime zest and juice, together in a bowl.
- Pico De Gallo- dice; tomato, onion and jalapeño, place in bowl, chop cilantro and add to bowl, squeeze juice from one lime in bowl, season with salt and pepper. Set everything aside in fridge.
Mahi-mahi prep and cooking
- place mahi-mahi on a board, squeeze lime juice over it, coat with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and cover in taco seasoning.
- Heat a pan over high heat, coat pan with generous amount of olive oil. Add fish to hot pan and sear (about 5 to 10 minutes each side). Fish should be flaky and juicy.
- Heat tortillas over gas flame (or in a microwave), use a tortilla warmer to keep hot!
- Slice avocado and a lime.
Gather toppings and serve family style straight from pan!