Oh. My. God. These eggs are so good! Give this recipe a try. It’s simple to make and healthy!
If you’re not used to cooking with buttermilk, don’t be afraid of it. It sometimes gets a bad rap. Maybe because it has “butter” in it’s name people automatically assume it must be bad. Most people think it’s a high fat and buttery milk. It is not. It’s low in fat and adds a delicious tangy and creamy texture to biscuits or pancakes and now these eggs! Some people actually just drink it straight up. It has a crazy long shelf life too so I usually have some in the fridge leftover from a pancake or biscuit morning.
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup of buttermilk (about 3 tbs.)
- handful of broccoli florets (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs. butter
- some grated cheese (i had smoked provolone)
- optional: sour cream, salsa and tortillas
heat a skillet over medium heat. add butter to pan. (i like to add a little olive oil too. helps the butter not to burn). add broccoli to skillet. season with salt & pepper.
Now Eat and Enjoy!
Ingredients: 6 chicken tenders, 2 cups buttermilk, flour, olive oil, 1 bag of salad mix, tomatoes, avocado, 1/2 lemon, 1tbs. red wine vinegar.
- heat 1 cup of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- pour about 2 cups of flour on a plate and season with salt & pepper. dredge marinated tenders through flour.
- place tenders in hot oil. fry for about 3-5 min each side, until golden brown.
- drain on a rack. don’t over crowd skillet. cook in batches if needed.
- in a bowl mix 3 tbs. of olive oil, 2 tbs. of lemon juice and a splash of red wine vinegar. whisk together until creamy looking. add 1 avocado sliced up, and sliced tomatoes to bowl. season with salt & pepper. lay greens on top of that then toss everything together.
Serve greens on a plate and lay sliced pieces of chicken tenders on top.